Many studies have found that public speaking is the number one fear amongst most people, outranking flying, snakes, insects, and even death. Ironically, it is also one of the skills that can make or break a person's career. You will be provided a strong set of skills that will complement your current presentation skill set.
The Presentation Skills course will give you some presentation skills that will make speaking in public less terrifying and more enjoyable. This course includes topics that you can look forward to including: creating a compelling program, using various types of visual aids, and engaging the audience.
- Perform a needs analysis and prepare an outline
- Select presentation delivery methods
- Practice verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Knock down nervousness
- Develop and use flip charts with color
- Create targeted PowerPoint presentations
- Utilize white boarding for reinforcement
- Describe how video and audio enhance a presentation and list criteria for determining what types to use
- Enrich the learning experience with humor, questions, and discussion.