Reckon Accounts Classroom Courses
- Advanced Certificate
- BAS & Company Reporting
- Paying Your Employees
- Bookkeeper's Certificate
- Payroll Premier
Basic overview of accounting principles.
The Certificate is the perfect course for new users or those looking to refresh their Reckon Accounts skills. Offering a basic overview of applying accounting principles within Reckon Accounts, you will learn how to set up a company, as well as customise your software to suit your business needs.
Teaching you the basic transactions, in addition to the creation and management of customer, supplier and item lists, the Certificate also covers these informative topics:
- Setting up a new company for new businesses or those wishing to start a new data file.
- Customising the chart of accounts to help you improve reporting on your business.
- Writing cheques in Reckon Accounts to help you trace expenses.
- Creating customer and supplier databases to help you track your debtors and creditors.
- Creating Bank Reconciliation to ensure all transactions made in your business bank account are streamlined with Reckon Accounts.
- Entering and paying bills to help you track your debtors. Tracking credit card transactions to help you monitor your expenses.
- Reporting features in Reckon Accounts to help you better manage your business.
- Creating items and invoices to help you track your businesses income.
- Receiving and making payments.
- Backing Up your data file.
- Setting up ABA Files to help make paying bills easier.
Advanced Certificate (intermediate)
Builds on the knowledge gained on the Basics Certificate course.
Build on your knowledge of Reckon Accounts with the Advanced Certificate. This course tackles the more complex business accounting principles, including GST.
Ideal for existing Reckon Accounts users who want to get the most out of their software, the Advanced Certificate teaches more about Reckon Accounts reporting, as well as uncovering ways to use your company data to make important business decisions. During this one day course you will also cover the following topics:
- Advanced setup including setting up users and classes.
- Advanced reporting to help you customise and filter your reports to suit your specific business needs.
- Establishing departmental cost centres to help you track individual aspects of your business.
- Inventory management to help you manage and track your business inventory.
- Issuing credit notes and refunds.
- Creating estimates, statements and progress invoices to help you manage your business better.
- Customising purchase orders and invoices by creating templates to match your business needs.
- Monitoring reimbursable expenses to help you track petty cash.
- Explaining Invoicing and cash sales to help you produce invoices for customers via mail and when utilising a point of sale solution.
- Budget set up, monitoring and reporting
BAS and Company Reporting
How to produce a BAS. Check Reckon Accounts is set up correctly to produce your BAS by showing relationships between data entered in the system.
Save time and money by learning how to produce your Business Activity Statement within Reckon Accounts.
The BAS and company reporting using Reckon Accounts QBi series course outlines how your tax liability and payments are handled within Reckon Accounts. Also learn the steps to locate and correct discrepancies when preparing a BAS, plus how to use Reckon Accounts to complete a BAS and pay tax liabilities.
Additional topics covered in the course include:
- Understanding GST and PAYG, which outlines how tax codes are utilised in Reckon Accounts.
- Setting up the GST preferences. Creating transactions with GST, which outlines how to enter bills and create invoices.
- Creating GST reports for the End of Financial Year and the End of Financial Quarter.
- Locating and correcting errors using advanced reports to locate incorrect data entries.
- Formatting and completing the BAS form, which includes setting up Reckon Accounts to track your businesses GST payable and receivables.
- Paying and depositing your GST amount, including how to record these transactions in Reckon Accounts.
Paying Your Employees
How incorporating your Reckon Accounts and Payroll can save you time and effort. We take you through the entire payroll process step by step.
Paying Your Employees Using Reckon Accounts is the perfect course to teach you how to incorporate Reckon Accounts and payroll to help save time and effort.
Taking you through the entire payroll process step-by-step, this course also outlines how your tax liability and payments are handled within Reckon Accounts.
The Paying Your Employees Using Reckon Accounts course shows how to set up payroll and payroll items that are subject to PAYG and State Payroll tax, as well as how to report that tax to meet PAYG legislation requirements.
Additional topics covered in this one day course include:
- Setting up an employee in Reckon Accounts including their tax, superannuation and additional information.
- Standard and advanced pay runs including paying wages, salaries and additional pay types.
- Paying payroll liabilities to the Australian Taxation Office and how this is completed in Reckon Accounts.
- Completing End of Financial Year payment summaries. Emailing and printing payslips for your employees.
- Setting the payroll preferences in Reckon Accounts to make payroll management more efficient.
- Customising the chart of accounts for easy and compliant reporting, including how to track payroll to extract information into your profit & loss and balance sheets.
- Understanding how payroll Items operate and where they are directed to in your company file for reporting and recording purposes.
- Creating and customising payroll items specifically for your business.
- Creating employee defaults to track consistency throughout employees.
- Using tax scales including HECS and validating their accuracy.
- Establishing and tracking leave calculations.
- Using the EMDUPE file and the ATO for your End of Financial Year reporting.
- Utilising ABA Files to help pay bills more efficiently.
How to use Reckon Accounts to perform all your bookkeeping requirements.
The Reckon Accounts Certificate for Bookkeepers is an intensive two day course that shows you how to utilise the powerful Reckon Accounts software to meet your bookkeeping requirements.
Ideal for bookkeepers who provide a range of bookkeeping services for a variety of clients using Reckon Accounts, this course will cover the following topics:
- Setting up a new company for new businesses or those wishing to start a new data file.
- Navigating Reckon Accounts.
- Creating and managing customers and suppliers, which helps you track your debtors and creditors.
- Creating and managing the items list in Reckon Accounts.
- An overview of how GST and tax codes are used in Reckon Accounts.
- Managing and creating tax codes correctly.
- Receiving payments from customers including an outline of the various payment types.
- Making and issuing adjustments and refunds.
- Paying and tracking bills in Reckon Accounts.
- Managing payment options, which outline the various options of paying bills in Reckon Accounts.
- Reconciling and balancing accounts.
- An overview of reporting in Reckon Accounts Creating customised reports, which outlines how to modify, filter and change report templates.
- Using the Audit Company File wizard to collate useful, high-level information relating to your company file, as well as perform an integrity check of your data.
- Review, troubleshoot and correct discrepancies in reconciled bank accounts.
- Creating a Business Activity Statement report.
- Reviewing the Business Activity Statement and checking for discrepancies.
- Creating memorised transactions and seeing how this can reduce the amount of data entry needed on repeat transactions.
- Creating statements for your customers that outlines customer balance history.
- Locating, resolving and correcting discrepancies within your file.
- Tools and functions to help you maintain the Reckon Accounts file in the best manner possible
Please note that the Reckon Accounts Certificate for Bookkeepers is recommended for professional contract bookkeepers and a thorough understanding of bookkeeping fundamentals is presumed. This course does not teach bookkeeping principles.
Payroll Premier Certificate
This course is for anyone managing their payroll with Payroll Premier.
It will take you through, step-by-step, how powerful and easy set-up, processing and reporting can be in Payroll Premier.
|mp_image id="2596" size="medium" link_type="custom_url" link="www.calculation.com.au/schedule" target="false" caption="false" align="right"]|
This course is for anyone managing their payroll with Payroll Premier. It will take you through, step-by-step, how powerful and easy set up, processing and reporting can be in Payroll Premier.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Create Company Files
- Create Awards
- Create Departments
- Use The Tax Scale
- Create Wage/Salary Deductions
- Create Wage/Salary Rates
- Create Wage/Salary Allowances
- Track Workers Compensation
- Track Work Cover Passwords
- Process Pays
- Print Payslips
- Edit Pays
- Payroll Reporting
- Create Reports
- Termination Payments
- EFT Wages
- Payment Summaries
- Job/Class Costing
- Back Up
Please note, this course is for the stand alone Payroll software produced by Reckon, not the integrated version. If you are unsure of which course to book into, please contact our office.